Legislative-Citizen Commission on Minnesota Resources (LCCMR)
Wednesday, June 21, 2017
9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
State Office Building, Room 5
St. Paul, MN 55155
Chair: Co-Chair Rep. Josh Heintzeman
|9:00 a.m.||1.||Approve the minutes for June 7, 2017
|2.||Members report potential conflicts of interest regarding today's business
M.S. 116P.09, Subd. 6, Conflict of Interest. A commission member, technical advisory committee member, a peer review panelist, or an employee of the commission may not participate in or vote on a decision of the commission, technical advisory committee, or peer review panel relating to an organization in which the member, panelist, or employee has either a direct or indirect personal financial interest. While serving on the commission, technical advisory committee, or peer review panel, or being an employee of the commission, a person shall avoid any potential conflict of interest.
|9:15 a.m.||3.||Overview on updated 'Native Vegetation Establishment and Enhancement Guidelines', Minnesota Board of Water & Soil Resources (BWSR) regarding Palmer Amaranth, Dan Shaw
|9:30 a.m.||4.||Rescheduled from June 7th meeting
M.L. 2015, Chp. 76, Sec. 2, Subd. 10 "Emerging Issues Account" (balance remaining is $622,000) - Requests for funding:
- Emerging Issues Account needs a supermajority of 12 members to approve
A. "Palmer Amaranth Detection and Eradication", MN Dept. of Agriculture, Monika Chandler, $173,000
B. "Deer Movement Related to Potential CWD Prion Transmission", MN DNR, Chris Janelle, $350,000
|10:30 a.m.||5.||Continue discussions on LCCMR process related to M.L. 2017, Chp. 96, Sec. 2, Subd. 19
Subd. 19. Fiscal Year 2019 Recommendations
(a) "For fiscal year 2019, the commission shall consider recommending loans from the corpus of the trust fund to statutory and home rule charter cities and towns with a population less than 5,000 as provided in the Minnesota Constitution, article XI, section 14. The commission shall work with the Public Facilities Authority in developing its recommendations. The commission shall include in its recommendations an analysis of using trust fund allocations for grants to the same cities and towns, including any necessary statutory changes."
- Discussion LCCMR past appropriations for research on wastewater, drinking water and other water contamination (spreadsheet to be provided).
• M.S. 116P.08, Subd. 2 and M.S. 116P.12
• Spreadsheet titled "Wastewater - Water Resources Appropriations Funded through LCCMR Process - 2010-2017"
• Spreadsheet titled "Stormwater - Water Resources Appropriations Funded through LCCMR Process - 2010-2017"
• Spreadsheet titled "Drinking Water - Water Resources Appropriations Funded through LCCMR Process - 2010-2017"
• Spreadsheet titled "Contaminants/CEC Water Resources Appropriations Funded through LCCMR Process - 2010-2017"
• M.L. 2016, Chp. 186, Sec. 2, Subd. 04m titled "Analyzing Alternative for Muncipal Wastewater Treatment"
• Link to "Future Wastewater Infrastructure Needs and Capital Costs" - Minnesota Pollution Control Agency - January 2016
- Overview ENRTF investment earnings
- Next scheduled LCCMR Site Visit - July 19-20, 2017 proposed draft agenda attached
|8.||Depart for Metro Area Site Visit
- St. Croix Riverfront Acquisition (Stillwater)
- Brown's Creek Trail - Acquisition
- Science Museum of Minnesota - St. Croix Watershed Research Station
|5:00 p.m.||9.||Arrive State Office Building|